Hello there.

I am using Panther and Apple's X11. I tried running gFTP using fink installation and it doesn't work. Same thing for dia (another GTK based program).

So what doesn't work exactly ? Compiling/installation works perfectly ok and I let fink resolve the dependencies. (I just typed fink install gftp). The problem is when i type "gftp" in a X11's xterm, nothing happens. It seems like the program is loading (I can hear the hard drive spin), but a display window never appears. Same thing for dia. Other X11 apps (not GTK, like skencil) work fine.

So why the hell is going on ? I have no clue. It is definitely a problem with X11 because gftp can also be ran as commandline. If I do so in apple's terminal, it works ok. So it's a display problem...

So anybody knows how to make GTK apps work ? Anybody has encountered this kind of problem before ?

Thanks

Jean-Noel