Jim Saklad wrote:

At 6:37 PM +0200 8/22/04, Martin Costabel wrote:

To be honest, I was surprised to see it in action, too. Just to show you how this can look when it is working, here are some lines from beginning and the end of the build log:

I just (1400 EDT Sunday) tried installing pwlib using Fink Commander, with bison already (manually) removed state, and failed.

The error reports about pwlib concerned two quite different issues. One of them was caused by Fink's version of bison and solved by removing the bison package. You seem to have the other one, and AFAICT nobody knows yet where this comes from. I am not able to reproduce it, and I cannot yet think of a mechanism that might cause it.

The tail of the output reads:

/sw/src/pwlib-1.5.2-12/pwlib/include/ptlib/contain.inl:359: no type named `
Buffer' in `class PStringStream'

Could you show more of the output please? It would be useful to see it at least starting from the beginning of the last compiler command line. Maybe it is just a missing header file.

--
Martin