At 3:23 PM +1200 7/21/05, Roger Butland wrote:
On 21/07/2005, at 12:27 AM, Alexander K. Hansen wrote:
My suspicion here is that you've committed the cardinal sin of having libraries and headers under /usr/local, and those are being found rather than your fink-installed ones.

http://fink.sourceforge.net/faq/comp-general.php?phpLang=en#usr-local-libs

This may or may not be my problem. I moved /usr/local to /usr/local.moved and FWIW, openoffice.org, although still compiling, has clearly moved along much further without problems than previously. On the other hand, I don't know why that kind of a problem would give different errors with each attempt to install; also, my $PATH doesn't contain /usr/local:

drj2:openoffice.org-1.9m113-2 jonathan$ echo $PATH
/Users/jonathan/bin:/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/Developer/Tools

Jonathan