I'll try to keep my story as short as possible but I think a bit of background information is appropriate here. Up until last week, I was running Mac OSX Jaguar 10.2.8, fink version 0.6.4, and I had the December 2002 developer tools installed along with (I believe) the August 2003 gcc updater. When I purchased Tiger and set out to install it I completely removed my /sw tree because I had so many old libraries and old programs that fink couldn't find them all and allow me to delete them. I successfully installed Tiger, the XCode Tools on the Tiger disc, and a brand new version of fink 0.8.0. I enabled the unstable tree and proceeded to do a 'fink selfupdate' and ran into the following problem:

[~] Sat Aug 06 15:48 Now what?$ sudo fink update-all
Password:
Information about 4464 packages read in 6 seconds.
The following 2 packages will be installed or updated:
apt apt-shlibs
<snip>
/usr/include/gcc/darwin/3.3/inttypes.h:34:56: machine/ansi.h: No such file or directory make[2]: *** [/sw/src/fink.build/apt-0.5.4-52/apt-0.5.4/obj/apt-pkg/ md5.opic] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
### execution of make failed, exit code 2
Removing build lock...
/sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait -r fink-buildlock-apt-0.5.4-52
(Reading database ... 4357 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing fink-buildlock-apt-0.5.4-52 ...
Failed: phase compiling: apt-0.5.4-52 failed

I've done some googling and the problem seems to be caused by some old files from the Developer tools. (http://sourceforge.net/ mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=11814420) I've installed and removed the 2002 developer tools already and reinstalled the Tiger XCode Tools and my problem still exists. The solution provided in the past is to do a fresh new install of Tiger, but I'd like to keep this as a last resort. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the direction I should go in?

Laura Abbott