KK wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I've installed the latest gsl with Fink so that I can use R (a
> statistics package) and R cannot find gsl. I can see plenty of gsl
> files in the SW directory but how do I "find Gnu Scientific Library."
> That is, how can packages installed with Fink be located system wide?
> I added "/sw/linclude:/sw/lib/" in the .profile file (and sourced it),
> but that didn't help.
>
> I'm using Mac 0S X 10.4.9.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Ken
To see how to make hand-built stuff see Fink packages, check out

http://www.finkproject.org/faq/usage-general.php#compile-myself

However, we do have a package for R:  the "r-base" Fink package

http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/r-base

which will definitely find our gsl.

--
Alexander K. Hansen