Hi!

A couple of days ago I managed to broke my Finkcommander installation :-(

So, I thought that it was a good opportunity to learn to use fink
using just the command line. I have this little question:

Is there any difference between 'sudo apt-get install something' and
'fink -b install something'?

I understand that in the last case fink will install the program from
source, but I not sure. If that happens, what about the dependencies?
Will fink try to download the binary versions?

I'm sure that this is answered in the documentation but I haven't found it.

Thanks,

Javier

--
Lee mi blog: "Un pequeño paso para Neil" http://up3n.wordpress.com/