Greetings,

I want to install 'Synfigstudio' software package and was directed to Fink via
the Synfig website (http://www.synfig.org/cms/en/download/stable).

I used the fink instructions for first time Fink installation. I had installed
the day before the latest version of XCode (4.3 (4E109)). I have a Mac OS X
10.7.3.

I believe I completed instructions listed in Fink section 2, First time
installation, successfully
(http://www.finkproject.org/doc/users-guide/install.php#setup).

I then moved to Section 3, installing packages instructions.
(http://www.finkproject.org/doc/users-guide/packages.php?phpLang=en). I believe
Synfig is not binary
(http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/browse.php?summary=synfig&dist_name=any), so
started following instruction 3.4. I already had Xcode installed, but still
proceeded with 'fink list' and saw it listed as 'i'. In case I misunderstood
the the significance of this step I then entered 'fink install xcode' and the
Terminal session said "Information about 312 packages read in 1 seconds. No
packages to install." I assume that is because XCode is already there.

Finally I get to the fun bit and I type in the magic code 'fink install
synfigstudio' (which i believe is one of the 7 components of Synfig). I was
prompted to enter my password and it returned the message "Information about
312 packages read in 0 seconds. Failed: no package found for specification
'synfig'!"

Please help, I've done my best at following instructions, I've veiwed the FAQ
and tried looking at historical emails. I might have missed something, but I
gave it a good shot.

Marti