A reply to my own post?

        So far I seem to have solved part of a path problem:  I'm embarrassed to
say it was misplacement of a file outside the stated path.

        New problem:  I need gv and ghostscript, packages available from fink,
but when I try to get and install them , I get this in Terminal:

leonards-imac:~ leonardwilliams$ sudo apt-get install ghostscript
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
E: Couldn't find package ghostscript
leonards-imac:~ leonardwilliams$

Same with gv.

Also, my PPC with Leopard had in its /sw/bin a very useful ps2pdf (self
described!) command, which I can't seem to find anywhere for download.
Any clues?

Many Thanks!

Leonard