On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 08:32:29AM -0600, Marc Boxerman wrote:
> Jack,
>
> I'm copying the dependencies below.  This is not a complete list, as last
> night I did start to install several of them individually after I encountered
> the resolving dependency error.  The two dependencies that surprise me are
> esound and the entire Gnome desktop.  Note that gtk+2 and other packages that
> I assume are dependencies are not listed below because I installed them when
> I installed other packages.  By the way, evince may be the culprit here.  I
> just tried to install evince separately.  It is the package that requires the
> texlive-nox-base virtual dependency, esound, and gnome-desktop.  Building
> fails immediately because it cannot resolve the ghostscript--nox=9.10-1
> dependency.
>
> Marc
>

> (1)   texlive-nox-base: Base programs for a TeX Live installation
> (2)   texlive-base: Base programs for a TeX Live installation
>
> Pick one: [1]
> The following package will be installed or updated:
>  inkscape
> The following 62 additional packages will be installed:
>  automake1.13 docbook-utils esound esound-bin esound-common esound-shlibs
> evince
>  ghostscript-nox gnome-desktop gnome-desktop2.11-dev gnome-desktop2.11-shlibs
>  gnome-doc-utils gnome-icon-theme gnome-keyring-dev gnome-keyring-shlibs
>  gnome-vfs2-unified icon-naming-utils libart2 libart2-shlibs libbonoboui2-dev
>  libbonoboui2-shlibs libexif12 libexif12-shlibs libgcrypt libgcrypt-shlibs
>  libgnome2 libgnome2-dev libgnome2-shlibs libgnomecanvas2 libgnomecanvas2-dev
>  libgnomecanvas2-shlibs libgnomeui2-dev libgnomeui2-shlibs libgpg-error
>  libgpg-error-shlibs libkpathsea6 libkpathsea6-shlibs libnautilus-ext2-dev
>  libnautilus-ext2-shlibs libtasn1-3 libtasn1-3-shlibs make nkf ptexenc1
>  ptexenc1-shlibs rarian-compat sgmls-pm startup-notification-dev
>  startup-notification-shlibs t1lib5-nox t1lib5-nox-shlibs teckit-dev
>  teckit-shlibs texlive-nox-base texlive-texmf xml-namespacesupport-pm
>  xml-sax-base-pm xml-sax-expat-pm5162 xml-sax-pm5162 xml-simple-pm5162
>  zziplib13-dev zziplib13-shlibs
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

I suspect this may be coming from the texlive-nox-base default. On my machines,
have texlive-base installed instead. The origin of...

> (1)   texlive-nox-base: Base programs for a TeX Live installation
> (2)   texlive-base: Base programs for a TeX Live installation

is a bit puzzling as I only see that in...

devel/po4a.info:                texlive-nox-base | texlive-base

What happens if you edit that file to have...

devel/po4a.info:                texlive-base | texlive-nox-base

instead? Does the prompt become...

(1)   texlive-base: Base programs for a TeX Live installation
(2)   texlive-nox-base: Base programs for a TeX Live installation

instead?
           Jack