On 31/1/02 3:25 AM, "Justin Hallett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What does this mean and how can i fix it?  I changed to order in the
> configure script to try .dylib before .so and this happened.
>
> make
> cd . && aclocal
> cd . && automake --gnu --include-deps Makefile
> cd . && autoconf
> ./aclocal.m4:448: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
> aclang.m4:173: AC_LANG_RESTORE is expanded from...
> ./aclocal.m4:448: the top level
> make: *** [configure] Error 1

Whoops... Doesn't look good.

Were those 'aclocal', 'automake' and 'autoconf' calls made by the Makefile,
or were they added in by you? Nevertheless, that should probably be removed
from the Makefile, and added to a patch, I think! Otherwise there may be
compile problems across different versions of automake and autoconf.....