At 13:14 Uhr +0900 07.03.2002, Ben Gertzfield wrote:
>I tried to install imagemagick today from unstable, and when it got to
>the point where it downloaded the fort77 source (why the heck does an
>image processor need Fortran? *grumble*) it failed:
>
>The following package will be installed or updated:
>  imagemagick
>The following 7 additional packages will be installed:
>  f2c fort77 freetype2 hdf hdf5 netcdf system-fortran
>Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
>curl -L -O
>ftp://ftp2.sourceforge.net/pub/mirrors/metalab/Linux/Linux/devel/lang/fortran/fort77-1.18.tar.gz
>curl: (9) Couldn't cd to pub/mirrors/metalab/Linux/Linux/devel/lang/fortran
>### curl failed, exit code 9
>Downloading the file "fort77-1.18.tar.gz" failed.
>
>I FTP'd in by hand, and voila, mirrors via FTP from sourceforge
>have been disabled (hooray for the New Economy!):
>
>ftp2:/pub> cd mirrors
>
>Due to increased traffic of our own downloads, Mirrors via FTP have been
>Taken Offline from this server.  You can still access them via HTTP @
>http://east.dl.sourceforge.net/mirrors/
>
>Hm.  Do we really think that pointing Fink source packages at places
>this unstable is a good idea?

It's not as unstable as you make it sound. They have announced this
switch over several months ago. You should rather blame me for only
fixing the CPAN mirror, not the Gnome mirror file.

In the meantime, you can use "fink configure" to switch to another
Gnome mirror.

Fixed in CVS of Fink, will be in the next Fink release.

Max