"Justin Hallett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hmmm I can't see why not but instead of adding more to the build time run
> add it to the fink check command, which I hope all fauthors are using
> right?:P

Actually, we can worry about the implementation later.  We won't want to
implement this until the later stages of the shared libraries project,
when most packages have been converted over to the new system.  However,
it would be good to start using the BuildDependsOnly field now, easier
to put it in now than to go and add it to lots of packages later.

(The only thing we would need to do immediately would be to add
BuildDependsOnly to the list of allowed fields, so that "fink validate"
doesn't complain about it.)

  -- Dave