Max Horn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think we might want to define a plan as to when we will consider
> Fink to be 1.0. Some ideas of my own:
>

> * package caching. It's just not acceptable that one has to wait
> 10-60 seconds before the actual command is processed.
>
> * full shlibs support (that includes automatic dependency detection).

These sound good to me, and apart from a few minor tweaks, I can't think of
other things to put on the list.

I also think the order is correct, for the following reason.  After the 0.4
distro, I plan to mount a big campaign to get all packages to conform to
the stated shared libraries policy.  This will take a while, but I don't
think we can even begin to implement the dpkg-shlibs part until the bulk of
our packages have been converted (both library packages being split, and
other packages listing the correct dependencies).

So while that is going on, if some people want to concentrate on the
package caching issue, that would be great.

  -- Dave