On 4/4/02 11:07 PM, "Max Horn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Right now there is no support for snmp in ethereal, since I figured
> not everybody wants to have to install snmp just to get ethereal. I
> guess I could make an "ethereal-snmp" package if there is enough
> demand.
>

> Max

This is slightly from left-field, but still relevant I think... What about
implementing the other form of "Splitoffs" that was proposed a while back?
Instead of having 'ethereal' and 'ethereal-snmp', for example, as separate
.info files, there would be only one 'ethereal' .info file which specified
the options, etc, for a different build of the package... This could
certainly be in handy here, but if it's possible, should probably occur
after the next distro release, and before Fink (package manager) 1.0, I
think...