For those of you not watching the fink-commits list: I have added more
BuildDepends entries to many many packages in the past 12 hours.  Don't
worry, it's all being done by a script now!

As before, the point is this:  if package A depends on package B, and
package B depends on package C, there could be trouble if C is split
into C and C-shlibs.  The trouble will come if the maintainer of B
revises (as expected) so that B now BuildDepends: C and Depends: C-shlibs.
If there is an implicit dependency of A on C, this would then break.

So we are preventing this by adding BuildDepends: C to package A.  We're
doing this in advance, as it were, even before B gets revised.  So it
will be hard to tell (until this project is further along) which of the
new BuildDepends fields are really needed.  If you are certain that a
new field is not needed by your package, go ahead and remove it.

And, if you are updating any of your packages, please look to see what
BuildDepends fields have been added previously -- you will probably want
to keep them.

  -- Dave