Max Horn [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> I am fully with you on this. I stated similar concerns about this in
> the past but was overruled. In any case now it's not to late to undo
> this, if we can agree on it, even with relatively little pain.
>
> However, first we need to evaluate in how far shared libs of this are
> required for the correct working of KDE, and if they are required,
> why so, and what we can do to make KDE happy with static libs of
> them. One of those more directly involved into the KDE porting
> (Benjamin, etc.) should comment on this.

Well, part of the problem is that I was not even aware of the issue until
all 300 meg of binaries had already been built, over the span of 2 days,
and there was no way in hell I was building everything again.  =)

Knowing that things have changed now, it is very likely that the KDE build
can be changed to use the non-dynamic versions of Xinerama and Xv...

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) http://ranger.befunk.com/
...if humanoids eat chicken, then obviously they'd eat their own species.