I've installed Fink and several different packages, including mysqld, and I'm wondering if there is a standard method of getting the applications to launch in OS X. Are you guys just creating a framework in /Library/StartupItems/%packagename%? How does it get to System Starter? Perhaps using /etc/rc? Is there a standard method? If not, I'd love to suggest one :) Perhaps creating a FreeBSD style /sw/etc/rc.d directory? And then a script which would run each script in that directory at bootup? Have it run at bootup by either editing /etc/rc or creating a framework for it in /Library/StartupItems/Fink?

Thanks!

JD