Hi everybody,

        I am just beginning trying to port Unix software on Mac OS X. The
first step is to port the software on Darwin, still using X11 and Motif
libs. I have experienced problems, and as I am a user of Fink, I got the
idea to ask Fink developers, as you may have experienced the same
problems while porting other software.

        I downloaded xfree86-base, xfree86-rootless, dlcompat and lesstif
from Fink. When compiling I get several warnings and then when I launch
the compiled file a.out I get these messages :

> macosx kpm (30): a.out
> Warning: XmManager ClassInitialize: XmeTraitSet failed
> Error: attempt to add non-widget child "DropSiteManager" to parent
> "a.out" which supports only widgets

        Has anybody got an idea about what's wrong?

        Thanks.

PS : please let me in copy of your answer; I only subscribed to the
daily digest.

--
Karim-Pierre Maalej
Caldera Graphics, Strasbourg, France