At 8:48 Uhr +0100 17.10.2002, James Watson wrote:
>The developer community may have switched to 10.2, but is this true
>of the majority of Fink users?
>
>It is a good thing to push forward and not needlessly expend energies
>trying to maintain 10.1 versions of stuff - but we should recognise that
>for a fair time yet there will be a substantial 10.1 community.  We need to
>keep them 'on board'.

That's why we made sure to release 0.4.1 before stopping support for
10.1. as of now, 10.1 support is only in maintanance mode.

I don't see how turning off the PDB for 10.1 hurts that much, would
you please explain?

>NB. Fink 0.5.0 will probably give *me* sufficient reason to switch to 10.2!
>
>Monitoring of the hits on the 0.4.1 stuff should also give us some idea of
>the state of uptake of 10.2 amongst Fink users.

Once 0.5.0 is released maybe, but hardly now, as we can measure the
0.4.1 downloads to estimate teh 10.1 users but have no way to do the
same for 10.2 users.

Cheers,

Max
Max Horn