Martin Costabel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> David R. Morrison wrote:
>
> > []
> > What my "fix" does is to alter the .pax.gz file with the contents of the
> > installation so that the permission on "." is 1755 in the directory
> > instead of 0700.
>
> What did you do with the bom file? Not only does it still contain the
> permissions 700 for ".", but lsbom crashes when I try to run it with
> options "lsbom -p MUGf" on it.
>
> Unfortunately, the bad permissions that get installed upon a secondary
> installation are taken from the bom file. The result is that the new
> installer has the same problem as the old one.

I didn't do anything with the bom file, because I don't know how to modify
it.

My problem is, that I have no way to access 10.1 before next Monday, and
the 10.2 PackageMaker makes 10.2-only .pkg's, which is not what we want.
So I attempted to punt by just altering the .pax.gz file.

Not the right thing, obviously!  Any other suggestions?  Maybe somebody
else can make a new 0.4.1 installer?  I'll be happy to talk you through
the process...

  -- Dave