Hi Folks:

Is fink limited only to GPL-type open-source software, or is there an interest in other software with a more restrictive license conditions (eg, free to academics but not to commercial users)?

The reason I am asking is that I made a set of fink .info files for automatically installing this sort of software for the academic community that needs software for determining, analyzing and viewing macromolecular structures. My hope is to automate the update process so that I (and others) can spend more time doing science and less doing OS X system administration.

Thanks, and sorry if I just managed to miss something in the documentation.

William G. Scott

Associate Professor
and The Center for the Molecular Biology of RNA
Sinsheimer Laboratories
University of California at Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, California 95064
USA