On Thursday, November 21, 2002, at 09:11  AM, Mat Rice wrote:

Thanks, I didn't know that.

A slight problem came up. I have /sw located on a separate HD (one called
"Files"). When I run the validate command _every_ package comes up with a
warning (or 2) ! Guess it doesn't take into account the path to /sw ?

For example:

[Mat-Rices-Computer:sw/fink/debs] mat% fink validate *
Validating .deb file apt-dev_0.5.4-6_darwin-powerpc.deb...
Warning: File "/Volumes/" installed outside of /Volumes/Files/sw
Warning: File "/Volumes/Files/" installed outside of /Volumes/Files/sw

That looks like a fink bug... Those are the only two warnings generated for each file? Fink is not smart enough to realize those two folders are part of the prefix.

Do you have fink installed with /sw as a symlink to /Volumes/Files/sw, or did you install fink with the prefix /Volumes/Files/sw?

-Ben