Compile with 'g++' instead of 'gcc', or add -lstdc++ .

On Thursday, December 12, 2002, at 09:43  PM, S Woodside wrote:

hi there,

I hope this list is an OK place to post this request. I'm trying to port sablotron to OS X 10.2. As far as I can tell, it's not been discussed here before. I've got a page up at

http://simonwoodside.com/dev/axkit.html#sablot

that goes over what I've done so far but I'm stuck on an undefined symbol error that looks like a linking problem with gcc3 but I may be way off, this is my first port:

[simons-tibook:~/sandbox/xml] woodside% /usr/local/bin/sabcmd faq2html.xsl faq.xml
dyld: /usr/local/bin/sabcmd Undefined symbols:
__ZTVN10__cxxabiv117__class_type_infoE
__ZTVN10__cxxabiv120__si_class_type_infoE
___gxx_personality_v0
Trace/BPT trap

FWIW, I originally ran into this problem trying to build XML::Sablotron for perl but the sabcmd crash has the same symbols missing. PHP seems to have a similar problem documented (http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=19983) but they have a workaround.

simon

---
www.simonwoodside.com