Thanks for all of your efforts in generating feedback, and your long list
of packages which you believe are suitable to move to the stable tree.

However, you may *not* move my gmp-4.1.1-1 package to the stable tree.
Although it compiles OK, it has problems when running and is definitely not
suitable for stable.

Actually, I don't think you should move any packages without explicit
authorization from the package maintainer.  Those of us who have CVS commit
access can easily move our own packages, and we certainly appreciate it
when you collect feedback and forward it to us so that we know when it is
appropriate to move a package.

For package maintainers who do not have CVS commit access (i.e., not on the
list of 27 "Fink developers" at sourceforge), I'm sure that many of them
will appreciate it if you offer to move their package to stable when
appropriate.  It's not something which they can easily do themselves.
But again, it shouldn't be done unless the maintainer explicitly agrees
(for reasons like my reason above, where the flaws in the package might
now be immediately obvious).

If there are packages whose maintainers don't respond at all, well, we
should consider reassigning those packages to "Maintainer: None" and then
the entire group of Fink developers becomes responsible for deciding what
to do with them.

  -- Dave