At 16:36 Uhr -0800 09.01.2003, Walt Bunch wrote:
If the Fink community is not interested in abandoning /sw for the sake of standards compliance (or any other reason)
Err... I could say some things about this "standard", but I'll refrain from doing that, it's offtopic.

then perhaps the statement regarding the choice of /sw "If you have a better suggestion, post it to the fink-devel mailing list" should be removed from the FAQ.

You are right, it should be clarified in the FAQ

Max