On Friday, January 10, 2003, at 08:17  pm, Max Horn wrote:

Last i checked, it managed a load of startupitem bundles in /Library/StartupItems (can you say, ick?).
I can say it, but I don't know why you would say it, how about elaborating?
Mixing daemonic-managed startup items with non-daemonic managed startup items in a directory people are aware of and don't normally associate with Fink doesn't strike me as a particularly elegant solution... In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if lots of people are confused by the presence of daemonic-blah in their StartupItems.

-- Finlay