Hi All,

Aside from these directory name issues I have a start on some perl 5.8 info files based on a perl 5.8 info file from the submission tracker. The modules I found so far which need to be recompiled simply have a new info file identical to the old one but with a build/depends on the new perl. Take a look in the experimental/carstenklapp cvs dir.

It is my understanding that not all perl modules need to be recompiled for 5.8, only binary XS modules. (I really don't know what XS means and I have no idea how to tell if a module works or not without recompiling unless there is an error using it). Anyway this would mean a lot of the perl mods in fink should still work with the new perl without needing a recompile.

Carsten