Hi All,
I just checked in a quick fix. I haven't tested it extensively but it seems to work now, I appreciate testing and feedback (bad or good).

If this new fix causes other problems I think it best to just undo my speedup patch for the time being. I am busy moving into a new home this week and have limited time for e-mails. If anyone finds a better alternate solution please share.
:)
I'm sorry for the problem.

Carsten