On Donnerstag, Jänner 30, 2003, at 06:10  Uhr, Carsten Klapp wrote:

Yes this is a complicated case for those of us like me who are not lawyers. ;) The license wording seems to speak specifically more to end-users than packagers like fink.
Fortunately we have lawyers at our side, our legal department is good friends with me and they had a look at this. Benjamin and I determined, that it is ok to distribute those parts.
Debian linux does distribute tomcat in their' contrib tree. Hmm...

Well debian, excuse me for saying this, could need a few lawyers themselves, that way they might be jumping to conclusions regarding the licensing less often.

<snip>
-d

-  we may race and we may run, but we can not undo what has been done..