On Donnerstag, Jänner 30, 2003, at 02:17  Uhr, Max Horn wrote:
<snip>
First of, openssh refuses to work with 0.9.7 when linked against 0.9.6:
OpenSSL version mismatch. Built against 90607f, you have 90700f
(this is a manual check performed by all ssh* tools).

This is indeed a manual check performed on all platforms. Usually you should recompile openssh whenever you update the openssl libraries.

Secondly, wget-ssl crashed:
dyld: wget Undefined symbols:
wget undefined reference to _OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms expected to be defined in /sw/lib/libcrypto.0.9.6.dylib
Trace/BPT trap
The crash is not a surprise of course as they removed an API.

This also happens on FreeBSD and Linux, actually that is as you said not a surprise due tot he API changes.

I really have to wonder about the compatibity version choice of the openssl team, but I guess maybe they are not aware of its meaning or something, I probably should contact them.

I would doubt, that they know much about openssl and I think it is a good thing to contact them to get some changes you might make upstream.

<snip>
-d

- we may race and we may run, but we can not undo what has been done.