IIRC, the shared library in readline is NOT build with libtool, but rather
is added by hand in the fink CompileScript.  I don't know why it's done
this way, but I can see where another package expecting to find the
shared library mentioned in the standard libtool .la file would be
disappointed.

  -- Dave