for proftpd and gproftpd I require /etc/shells and /etc/ftpusers for read
write, and staying with the fink tradition I'd like to move these files
into %p/etc as to no modify system files, I have a copy of proftpd and
gproftpd in my experimental dir that use %p/etc and in the proftpd install
I use the system files to make the fink versions.

Now this is a problem in two ways, one an other ftpd port might and should
use these files but without proftpd installed they won't exist, and two
since I'm using the persons system version with may already be modified
the deb files may differ which of course is against fink policy, I think
that these files should be part of basefiles or have an ftpd-data pkg that
all ftp daemons should depend on.

Look to get some feedback here so i can get these new versions into
unstable...thanks

-=[JFH]  Justin F. Hallett <Marketing>
-=[JFH]  Blue Falls Manufacturing Ltd. <Arctic Spas>
-=[JFH]  [EMAIL PROTECTED]