We had some discussion today on IRC about Apple's release of Java 1.4.1.
Following Fink's general policy of ensuring that Fink packages will
compile the same way on every user's machine, it's important to examine
your packages and make sure that they don't refer to Java by one of
the "generic" methods (particularly if they need Java headers), such
as /Library/Java/Home; rather, they should use version-specific references.

For the next Fink binary release, Max and I agreed that we shouldn't assume
that Fink users have already installed Java 1.4.1.  So the correct location
to use for Java is
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.3.1/Home
instead of /Library/Java/Home.  (This can be changed to 1.4.1 in a new
revision of your Fink package, at a later date.)

  -- Dave