On Thursday, April 3, 2003, at 03:09 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I sure hope not. I don't have the time to maintain all those variants.

Yes, I know it is a pain, but I don't see a way around it, at least the current version of sketch has no hope of working with python-2.3 due to changes made in python's _tkinter module and the fact that sketch has it's own paxtkinter module which does the same thing with minor differences. So far all my attempts at patching paxtkinter to be compatible with python-2.3 have failed. I hope that the author will eventually release a new version of sketch which is compatible with python-2.3 (he should have a better idea of how to fix it than I). But all this is a little beside the point :).

When I asked Dave Morrison on #fink if this had been discussed, he suggested making all python modules builddepend on all versions of python, build themselves multiple times, and then splitoff the bits for each version. This would be a pain for those building from source, but could make the maintainers life a little easier.

Also, I would be willing to be the maintainer of numeric-py22 and pil-py22, I wouldn't make such packages and then make you the maintainer :-). If necessary, I will take maintainership for all versions/variants of those packages.

Debian python modules Depend: python (>= 2.2), python (<< 2.3)... as far as I know fink can't deal with that.

Thanks,
Peter