Hello Mr Kiwi :)

Reliability:
//start
# fink selfupdate-cvs
sudo /sw/bin/fink/ selfupdate-cvs

Gonna try the cvs server...
su mkiwi login -p:serv...hahahahahahhahhahahahaha you don't have permission to access me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cvs server has had incorrect permissions for weeks now, and people are starting to complain. Whoever maintains it needs to fix it already, and fast.
//end

Yeah you are right, anoncvs with SF is bloody hell.

As I am maintainer of Caudium project we moved all our CVS to our own system... it is now as nice a SF one but it works and it is mutch reliable than SF...

About sync fink end users what about using cvsync instead (http://www.daemon-systems.org/cvsync/) ? It is simplier than cvsup to install and doesn't need m3 to make a server or a client.

/Xavier