Greetings all,

I'm working on a Fink package for naim, a very cool console-based AIM, ICQ, IRC and
Lily chat client. My problem: When doing a ./configure && make on the stock sources,
the latest version of naim compiles fine on Mac OS X 10.2.6 w/ GCC3 and the latest dev
tools. I've tested the compiled executable, and it works perfectly. However, when I
have fink attempt to build naim, the compile errors out halfway through and I haven't
been able to come up with a satisfactory solution. Here is the error that the fink
compile gives me:

./conio.c:2299: illegal function call, found `LTDL_SHLIB_EXT'
cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in basic mode
./conio.c: In function `conio_modload':
./conio.c:2280: `LTDL_SHLIB_EXT' undeclared (first use in this function)
./conio.c:2280: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
./conio.c:2280: for each function it appears in.)
./conio.c:2299: parse error before "LTDL_SHLIB_EXT"

It looks like when being built by fink, LTDL_SHLIB_EXT is not #defined. The only
difference in the configure stage that might explain this is:
Manual compile:
checking dlfcn.h usability... no
checking dlfcn.h presence... no
checking for dlfcn.h... no
Fink compile:
checking dlfcn.h usability... yes
checking dlfcn.h presence... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes

It looks like it is picking up the dlfcn.h installed by the dlcompat-dev package when
fink builds it, as it should. However, I'm not sure how to ensure that LTDL_SHLIB_EXT
is defined during the fink build. It looks like aclocal.m4 takes care of defining
LTDL_SHLIB_EXT, but I don't know enough about how autoconf and libtool work to fix it.
I thought about writing a patch to explicitly #define the missing value, but doesn't
seem like the 'correct' solution, which is what I'd like to go for. Any assistance
would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

-Paul