Benjamin Reed wrote:
Pascal Bourguignon wrote:

Hello,

I heard that a new version  of fink appeared, so I fetched August 2003
DevTools and  did fink self-update  (worked well enough), and  now I'm
trying to run fink update-all, but there are problems:

bash-2.05a# fink update-all
Information about 1337 packages read in 2 seconds.
Failed: Can't resolve dependency "glib2-dev (>= 2.2.1-4)" for package "gaim-0.71-1" (no matching packages/versions found)
bash-2.05a# fink info glib2
Information about 1337 packages read in 2 seconds.

Someone apparently moved over a development version of gaim that was in kconger's gnome 2.4 tree without fixing the dependencies.

Seems much more likely that it was moved to stable without the dependencies being there.

If you enable the unstable tree in your fink.conf for this build, it will work.

We'll get to work on getting the dependencies moved or the stable version changed.

Thanks,
Peter

--
Peter O'Gorman - http://www.pogma.com