On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 11:41:10PM +0100, Max Horn wrote:
> >Build System for fink ?
> What do you have in mind there? What has to be "built"? I really have
> no idea what is meant here, please explain

AFAIK this is simply the ability to generate fink from fink.in and the like
without installing it or running an interactive script.  So, in essense,
seperating the build and install phases and making it automatable.  The goal
is to be able to run tests on fink *before* you install it.  Right now its
only possible to test the modules.

I'm probably not the best person to do that as I don't know the installation
process, but I can certainly tell you how it should work. :)

--
Michael G Schwern        [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
I sit on the floor and pick my nose