Hi guys,

    I'm not having much luck with the E's recently. Every time Ethereal
starts or stops I get a list of errors and warnings like the follwing:

** WARNING **: The plugin artnet.so has no version symbol

** WARNING **: The plugin gryphon.so has no version symbol

** WARNING **: /Users/kerbaugh/.ethereal/preferences line 96: No such
preference "artnet.udp_port"

** WARNING **: /Users/kerbaugh/.ethereal/preferences line 225: No such
preference "gryphon.desegment"

The list is actually quite a bit longer but you get the idea. The actual
list of plugin libraries without version symbols is:

artnet.so, coseventcomm.so, cosnaming.so, docsis.so, gryphon.so, lwres.so,
megaco.so, mgcp.so, pcli.so, and rtnet.so.

    I would guess that there's something wrong with my system as Eterm
crashes at startup with the warning:

dyld: Eterm version mismatch for library: /sw/lib/libImlib2.1.dylib
(compatibility version of user: 2.0.0 greater than library's version: 0.0.0)

Recompiling it hasn't helped.

    It doesn't seem like coincidence that library version is involved in
both problems. I've searched the developer's list and this doesn't seem to
plague others. However, if it's going to cause me problems with multiple
apps, I'd certainly love some help!
--
Gary Kerbaugh