As some of you may have noticed, I just added "BuildDepends: x11-dev" to
many packages in the 10.2-gcc3.3 and 10.3 trees.  I also added a package
xfree86-4.3.99.16-3 to 10.3/unstable.

Why do this?  We've had many problems over the past few months with users
who didn't install the X11SDK package from apple under 10.3.  We partially
addressed this by making a virtual package system-xfree86-dev that keeps
track of the X11SDK stuff, but so far, that package hasn't really been
used in the fink trees.  Since that package provides x11-dev, we need
to start making things BuildDepend on x11-dev, where appropriate.

To do this right, we also need -dev splitoffs for the xfree86 packages
themselves.  In the case of xfree86-base and friends, I made "placeholder"
-dev packages to avoid forcing users to recompile xfree86.  This issue
is less crucial for xfree 4.2, but at least the -dev packages are present
so that we can modify all trees to use x11-dev in a similar fashion.

In the case of xfree86 in the 10.3 tree, I created 4.3.99.16-3 and stuck
it in "unstable".  This is a lower version number than the current unstable,
but higher than the current stable.  I would be happy if others would
help me test this new package.

  -- Dave