John Philip wrote:

Hello. I used fink to install enlightenment on my 10.3 system, but when I tried to load X11, it would fail with this message:
dyld: /sw/bin/enlightenment can't open library: /sw/lib/libdl.0.dylib (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

How did you install it? If this is a binary installation, there is not much else to do about this than to install dlcompat-shlibs. It is precisely for this kind of situation that the package still exists.

The dependency list of enlightenment looks indeed wrong - the 10.2-gcc3.3 version should depend on dlcompat-shlibs and not on dlcompat, and the 10.3 version should not depend on any dlcompat any more.