On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 02:45:59PM +0100, Darian Lanx wrote:
> Daniel Macks wrote:
> <snip all>
> >
> >Thoughts?
>
> To put it short and please do not see this as completely useless
> critique. This is too complicated for my taste. [...]  But you can
> hardly expect the majority of the Mac community that might be
> willing to learn and grow into packaging to learn much about regular
> expressions.

The simpler version of the idea is just a simple string equality test:

  Depends: (%type_perl_version 5.8.1) thing-pm
  Depends: (X%type_nox X) x11

Either tho two strings are the same (so the package is kept as a
dependency) or they are not (in which case the it is not). Although
the second example is kinda shell-ugly.

> This is partly my personal opinion, partly an opinion as someone who
> wants to keep things simple so that we do not slide into a
> documentation, explanation, support nightmare.

Makes sense. That's why I'm here looking for improvements rather than
already off wading through Fink:: :).

Thanks for the feedback,
dan

--