TheSin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I haven't commited anything to stable... talk to Dave about that.
> ---
> TS
> http://southofheaven.org
> Chaos is the beginning and end, try dealing with the rest.
>
> On 12-Feb-04, at 12:44 AM, Martin Costabel wrote:
>
> > TheSin wrote:
> >
> >> this seems to be a 10.2 or 10.2-gcc3.3 file as all my 10.3 pms have
> >> pm581s
> >
> > Then maybe you forgot to commit your version in 10.3/stable?
> >
> > --
> > Martin

The error report came to this list because fink-devel is listed as the
maintainer.

Even though Justin has abandoned the older pm's, I had moved them from
10.2-gcc3.3/stable to 10.3/stable along with everything else.  But he's
not the maintainer.

Some people have suggested that we should just eliminate all of the old
pm561's and pm580's.  I don't agree with this -- it's only postponing a
problem.  Pretty soon, we'll want to have perl5.8.3 and the corresponding
pm583's.  We need a good solution to this whole mess before that, unless
we want to declare (like the Debian project does, by the way) that we
will only support one version of perl at any given time.

  -- Dave