Darian> Even though I am a bit scared to say so (The name Randal L. Schwartz
Darian> does call for respect ya' know?!).
Darian> Unless you intend to have all of the tree around
Darian> (10.2/10.2-gcc3.3/10.3), you are behind a very restrictive firewall or
Darian> you are a developer with CVS access, please consider using rsync as
Darian> update method rather than CVS.

Darn it.  I *am* using rsync.  Old brain parts are wearing out.

So, same issue, same result, and I even said "rsync" in the subject
line.  Forget "CVS".  I never meant it.  sorry.  I take it back.

And yes, just now again, I got hundreds of names scrolling by during
the rync, and every file had again been updated.  I'm glad I'm doing
this on broadband and not a dialup. :)

If it makes any difference, I'm using Panther's rsync, and not
fink's rsync.  It shouldn't though.