The more I think about it, the more I think that %n should be used for the
truncated name.  That currently shows up in lots of places; not only the
patch file, but often in the Source: line and so on.

I think we need a %versioned_name type of percent field for the fully
expanded name.

On the other hand, the name of the "parent", as represented by %N, should
probably be the versioned name of the parent.  (This would allow splitoffs
within variant packages to function as they do now.)  I can't think of
a reason you would need the unversioned name of the parent.

  -- Dave