On Apr 2, 2004, at 9:19 AM, Andrea Riciputi wrote:

Hi,
some weeks ago I posted a message asking for help. Nobody answered, so I re-try hoping to be luckier.

I'm trying to build a package for PyX (http://pyx.sourceforge.net/). It is a Python module that allows the user to create high-quality plot and figure (something like MetaPost, but with all the power of Python). PyX needs TeX/LaTeX and Ghostscript installed in order to work properly.

I can imagine that most of the people has got Gerben Wierda's distro (me for example!), but some has the Fink's one. Now if try:

Depends: python23|python23-nox, tetex-base, ghostscript | ghostscript-nox, ghostscript-fonts
BuildDepends: tetex-dev

in the PyX's info file and the user has system-tetex installed he's required to install some additional packages (namely libwww, libwww-bin, libwww-shlibs, t1lib1, t1lib1-shlibs, tetex-dev, tetex-shlibs). Some of them are not required by PyX at all, some are useless if you have Wierda's distro.

On the other hand if I try:

Depends: python23|python23-nox, tetex-base|system-tetex, ghostscript | ghostscript-nox, ghostscript-fonts
BuildDepends: tetex-dev|system-tetex

I get the an 'error-node' error message, since system-tetex already provides tetex-base. How can I solve this problem? Any suggestion?

Thanks,
        Andrea.

You could make two separate variants: one that requires system-tetex (call it pyx-wierda or something like that) and one that uses the Fink tetex pacakges.
--
Alexander Hansen
Fink Documentarian