Patrick Näf was kind enough to compile lots of information about perl
module conflicts in late February, and I am now acting on this.  (His
message is reproduced below.)

In my experimental/dmrrsn/perlmods directory, I have placed experimental
new versions of perl560, perl580, and perl583.  All of the perl* packages
except perl580 now contain an extensive list of "Provides", which will
allow us just put things like "Depends: file-spec-pm" instead of having
to say "file-spec-pm | perl580-core | perl583-core".  These perl* packages
also have a large number of "Replaces", to take care of duplicate files
in /sw/bin and /sw/share/man.

At the same time, I started to implement the new policy about -pm files,
as explained in my previous message.

Comments about this are welcome.

  -- Dave