Peter O'Gorman wrote:
Martin Costabel wrote:

I won't argue with the "perverts" part, as I am sure that they must be somehow perverted ;), however I just went through downloading and

I mean their apparent "let's make the geek's life miserable" attitude.
Not including the 4MB X11SDK in the 42 MB X11User package, not fixing the startx, xmkmf, imake scripts even after 7 months, not providing even the most basic configuration for the user's default shell, etc etc.

installing XCode-1.2 to reproduce this, and I still have my old java-1.4.2 dev sdk installed.

Could you explain the problem? Does it remove the java-1.4.1 sdk or something?

From the xcode_1.2_readme.pdf:

Xcode 1.2 and Java Project Templates: Installation of Xcode 1.2 overwrites the Java 1.4.2 Xcode Project Templates (Java AWT Applet, Java AWT Application, Java JNI Application, etc.) with the Java 1.4.1 versions. If you are developing with Xcode 1.2 and Java 1.4.2, you should reinstall the Java 1.4.2 Developer package available on Apple Developer Connection (http://connect.apple.com) in the Download Software Java section.

Does perhaps not concern Fink development.