Still users could have it from their old installs, still installed. 4 is fine, If you are going to change the name it should be 4 or 5 but not nothing. And it shouldn't conflict with the old once since they don't conflict or replace. If you replace/conflict an older shlib major with a new one with different vers. package you will BREAK compiled apps. (the thing they are linked against will go away, and the app won't run anymore)

-Ben