Hi,

The following is the latest example _ but I had this on numerous occasions :

_______attempted build of arts-latest
/var/tmp/tmp.1.LaILav
the following environment is being used:

ACLOCALFLAGS: -I libltdl
CFLAGS: -Os -fPIC
CPPFLAGS: -I/sw/lib/flex/include -fno-common -no-cpp-precomp -DMACOSX -DARTS_NO_ALARM -I/sw/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
CXXFLAGS: -Os -fPIC
FREETYPE_CONFIG: /usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config
LDFLAGS: -L/sw/lib/flex/lib
LIBS: -L/sw/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib
PATH: /sw/lib/flex/bin:/sw/share/Geomview/bin:/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin: /sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
PKG_CONFIG_PATH: /sw/lib/flex/lib/pkgconfig

./admin/cvs.sh: /sw/bin/autoheader-2.59: /sw/bin/perl: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
*** AUTOHEADER NOT FOUND!.
_______________________________

This type of thing is due to having at some time used a perl-xyz from fink,
(in this case when last building autoconf2.5 _ but many other pkgs have
the problem), and then switching back to Apple's perl (eg, because perllib
didn't build shared in perl584).

I think it is impossible to ask all involved pkg's to take appropriate precautions
to avoid this possibility.
The obvious thing that comes to mind is that fink ensures _ probably through
system-perl (and the various placeholders system-perlxyz) _ that /sw/bin/perl
is ALWAYS a symlink to the 'currently active perl'.

Would this be difficult ? Or a bad idea ?

Jean-Francois Mertens